Practical TMJ Therapy
With this module you will learn:
- Anatomy of the T.M.J.
- How to diagnosis the various joint dysfunctions.
- The cause of external derangements such as head & neck pain, back and shoulder pain, vertigo, tinnitus, and Tourettes syndrome.
- How to select and adjust the appropriate splint
- Phase Two stabilization with TMJ orthodontics, reconstruction with removable prosthesis
- TMJ medications and nutrition
- Physical therapy — in office and at home
- Long term retention.
- Stabilization and finishing of the TMJ:
- Orthodontics including the ALF (Advanced Lightwire Force appliance)
- Re-treatment of TMD previous orthodontic cases
- Reconstruction and Adult Twin Block Therapy
Cutting Edge Orthodontics (Fixed Appliances for Beginners)
This module covers:
- Placement of bands and brackets
- The use of multigradient thermal activated arch wires.
- Ligations of the variable force Delta Force bracket system.
- The use of coil springs, chain elastics, power tubing, rotating wedges, and other auxiliary attachments using typodonts
- De-banding and retention
You will be taught:
- The Delta Force Bracket (Appliance System will be explained in detail)
- Thermal Activated Multi-gradient Arch Wires
- Case Finishing
- Hands on using the Typodont for Ligations and Arch Wire Changes
- Non Extraction vs. extraction cases
- Sliding Mechanics using: Elastics, Coil Spring, Power Tubing, Sliding Yoke, Class II Bow, Rick-A-Nator, Molar Distalising Springs, Arch Wire Locks, Chain Elastics, Rotating Wedge