Practical TMJ Therapy
Most doctors treating TMD focus on treating the symptoms of the problem such as head and neck pain and vertigo. We approach the treatment from a different perspective. If the clinician can correctly diagnose and treat the internal derangement the symptoms (external derangements) will self-correct.
Once the TMD issues have been resolved the patient will have a totally different occlusion. This new correct occlusion is usually created by using TMJ based orthodontics. It may also involve full mouth reconstruction or a removable prothesis like an over-lay partial denture.
Understanding the TMJs will change the way you practice dentistry!
You will learn:
- Anatomy of the T.M.J.
- How to diagnosis the various joint dysfunctions.
- The cause of external derangements such as head & neck pain, back and shoulder pain, vertigo, tinnitus, and Tourettes syndrome.
- How to select and adjust the appropriate splint
- Phase Two stabilization with TMJ orthodontics, reconstruction, and with removable prosthesis.
Diagnosis and Treatment of TMD Patients
Presented by Dr. JW Skip Truitt BS, DDS
A definitive course dedicated to a simple and practical approach to TMJ therapy.
Left Temporal Mandibular Joint
This seminar will cover:
- Review the anatomy of the head, neck and TMJ
- Diagnosis of internal and external derangements
- Classification of derangements
- Splint construction and adjustment
- TMJ medications and nutrition
- Physical therapy — in office and at home
- Long term retention.
- Stabilization and finishing of the TMJ:
- Orthodontics including the ALF
- Re-treatment of TMD previous orthodontic cases
- Reconstruction and Adult Twin Block Therapy
Dr. Truitt is the biggest secret in dentistry. His easy approach to teaching is very successful. I am a general dentist that has started over 100 cases in a year and a half. I wish I had met Dr. Truitt earlier in my 16 years of practice.
Skip, I began my orthodontic education with you 36 years ago and took all of your courses along with many other courses since. I have been providing exceptional orthodontic treatment on every level of difficulty all of these years since. I cannot imagine not having the understanding of orthodontics, as I treatment plan difficult cases today